Shimano SH-M089L SPD MTB Shoes
Shimano SH-M089L - MTB Shoes
- Tough, stretch-resistant synthetic leather and mesh
- Cross X-Strap is optimized for relieving tension on top of foot during push off motion
- Super low-profile micro-adjust buckle securely holds foot
- Single density extra-cushion insole conforms a variety of foot shapes with shock absorbing cushioning
- "TORBAL" Torsional midsole allows natural rider “flow” motion during downhill
- Expanded SPD cleat adjustment range to accommodate race or trail minded riding styles
- Glass fiber composite polyamide mid sole for power transfer
- High durability rubber outsole
- Best matched with PD-M530, PD-M520
Torbal: Faster with more control
If the sole of a cycling shoe is totally rigid, the shoe won't accommodate heel flex when the bike is slanted in relation to the rider.
The TORBAL solution is to provide some sideways flex in the back section of the sole, while maintaining stiffness in the front.
This improves balance and bike control by letting the heel section accommodate some lateral movement, while optimizing pedalling efficiency at the sole-and-cleat interface.
Ted's Cycles Footscray © 2017