I personally found little difference between these and the GP4000's but heaps cheaper in price.
Graphene is a revolutionary material in the form of a very thin, nearly transparent sheet of pure carbon. In its extreme form it is as thin as a single atom (1/1,000,000,000th of a meter). Vittoria uses Directa Plus Graphene called G+, which is 2 to 8 atoms thin.
The Rubino family benefits from Graphene in greatly improved (wet) grip, durability and puncture resistance. This has led to the Rubino Pro becoming the best all-round tyre. It also facilitated the development of several special purpose products in this Series.
G+ Isotech Rubber Compound
G+ Isotech is Vittoria’s unique Graphene compound with revolutionary G+, as provided by technology partner Directa Plus.
Top Features of the Vittoria Rubino Pro Graphene Plus Folding Road Tyre
- G+ Isotech rubber compound
- 3C compound for best balance of speed, grip and suppleness
- 150TPI Nylon casing
- Weights: 225g/235g/245g
- Sizes: 700x23c/25c/28c
- Bead: Folding
- Technical benefits of Graphene?
- Enormous surface area: 1 gram = around 2,630 m2 that can facilitate any chemical process
- High mechanical resistance: approximately 200 times stronger than steel
- High thermal conductibility: more than 2 times that of a diamond
- Less density: is equal to half that of aluminium
- High elasticity: equal to 6 times that of steel
- High electrical conductibility, transparency, lightness, flexibility and mechanical resistance
- Please view the video under the product image for a more detailed explanation as regards the above
- Vittoria and their ITs System
- Vittoria tyres (using Graphene or G+) are now intelligent. The compounds become harder and softer, depending on the needs of the rider. If the tyre is rolling straight, the rubber is at its hardest and offers low rolling resistance. If the rider breaks, accelerates or corners, the compounds soften and offer significantly more grip. Prior to the advanced development of Graphene, there was always the requirement of choosing between optimizing, or aiming at, speed, grip, durability and puncture protection. Effectively, the introduction of Graphene allows for natural material barriers of rubber to be removed, which means that there is no longer the need for such compromises between speed, grip, durability and puncture resistance